We are an innovative company bringing the rigour of inter-disciplinary research to solve complex societal problems. If these are the kinds of challenges you find inspiring, and you have a passion for solving problems that make a real and positive impact in the world, come talk to us.
We are seeking to engage an AWS Infrastructure DevOps Engineer to support public sector client-funded innovation development work within the STRIAD service offering. We have an exciting opportunity for an AWS Infrastructure DevOps Engineer with 3-5 years of experience. While our work is exciting from a technical standpoint, it is also something you can be proud to contribute to – as we work to address important complex societal problems using data-driven analysis and decision making.
- Working in both infrastructure and application development.
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as a code (IaaS), continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Hands-on experience of infrastructure deployment and configuration using AWS cloud services.
- Good knowledge of containerisation; including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as
AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Code Commit, AWS CDK, AWS OpsWorks.
- Experiences in CI/CD pipeline development – designing, implementing, and automating.
- Hands on programming skills in a few of the following languages: Python, Node.js, Ruby, Java, C/C++, or Scala.
- Hands on development skills with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Good hands-on familiarity in Terraform scripting and development.
- Experiences in configuration management platforms (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible).
- Extracurricular software development passion (e.g., active open-source contributor).
- Administration skills on enterprise Linux (e.g., RHEL) and ideally some experience with Windows Server.
The Ideal Person:
- Hands on Infrastructure development background.
- Hands on familiarity with AWS CDK, Lambda and ECS technologies.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (AWS CI/CD).
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, etc.).
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Location: This position is open to candidates based in the UK
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000K (commensurate with experience)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
In return, you get ...
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working options (occasional attendance at our London office – TBD)
- Competitive pension scheme
- A positive and supportive environment